Translate

lördag 7 april 2018

Revisiting older tiles and refreshing them.

In the Zentangle Primer 1 there is a very exciting exercise no 15. There are no misstakes in zentangle. But there are tiles I have done, that I don´t smile when I look at.  The exercise is. Go back and pick two tiles that are not so satisfying. Then find out what is missing and go on with them and see what happens.

I picked these:



They are well drawn, I admit this. But something doesn´t make them special. The one to the right was done in October -16 and the one to the left in August -17. Both have the same problem, they look like they are not finished. Not enough Drama.  After taking this photo of them I went to work. I needed a little more shading and more black. Here is the result:



This one from 2017 definitely needed more shading! Then I blackened the corner above Abukas (Charlotte Carpentier) and in the Dreamcatcher (Daniel Lamothe). Then I added some more black details. The other patterns are Antidots (Anita Roby Lavery) and Tipple (Zt). Very little done but with a result I really appreciate!


This one from 2016 definitely needed more contrast and some small details to make it more interesting. I gave it more black, stipples and lines and some more shading. The patterns areTropicana (Kate Ahrens), Antique (Kathy Barringer), Ionic (Margaret Bremner) and Printemps (Zt). Now I do like it much more! Not much done but the difference is obvious!

Inga kommentarer: