Translate

fredag 12 januari 2018

Featured Artist, non-dominant hand and a calendarpage

Today´s Tangles on FB starts off with a featured artist, Lori Byerly. I have been following her from my own start as a tangler and her patterns has inspired med a lot and opened my eyes to see possibilities without limits in tangling. I love that. 


My first tile with her patterns: Her latest, Ledrow on top and as a frame and then underneath; Mashed, which was one of the first patterns of her, that I learned and have used a lot.

Then I saw Lynn Shelton Mead´s tile with Irradial, drawn with her non-dominant hand and I just had to try that:


Drawing with my non-dominant hand is not a new thing for me, I have done that a lot in the past when I was doing sketching of stilleben or living model at the artschool.. To do it with Irradial was fun and I love the way the lines goes their own ways!

Then to my calendar:


I stayed with the Daily Challenge for three more days. A lot of patterns new to me! 

10th of January: Zurli (Elena Hadzijaneva), Aniane (Karin Godyns) and Ah Love You (Jane Eileen), which I have seen before but not tried.
11th of January: Soleil (Anne Marks), Farin (Marion Kreutzweg) and Plower (Helen Williams), which I have tried before once.
12th of January: Chain Gain (Aleesha Sattva), Scallops (Suzanne McNeill) and Ziggurat (Sandra Strait). Scallops I have seen before but not tried.

This will be the end of my Daily Challenge in my Calendar for now. But not forever! :) I learned some good things doing this and I hope I can keep them in mind: 

1. No Prejudice!
2. Focus on the process, not the result!
3. Embrace and appreciate every single pattern, no matter what you think of it at first sight! 

2 kommentarer:

Susie Ng sa...

Wow! That first tile of yours is spectacular, Anita. At first sight and without reading your article I did't recognize these tangles are one and the same. Well done on the tangelation job.

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank’s Susie!😄