Translate

fredag 5 januari 2018

2018; First page in the calendar and Twelve Days of Zentangle!

New Year and a new Calendar. The new one is also designed by Carole Ohl and she has invited a guest artist: Margaret Bremner. I like this calendar even more than the one from last year Mainly because the paper is another quality. It is White and not glossy and in my opinion it is easier to shade and the pen doesn´t slip away because of the surface!


I didn´t really know what to start with at first but then I decided to give Rumpus a round, since I didn´t try it too much before Christmas and I didn´t find it very easy to make it personal. I am glad I gave it a chance, since I found it both fun and relaxing to do! On the 1st of January I tried to follow Maria´s way of doing it on the video adding Toodles and auras too. I also let Dewd surround the whole page.

I haven´t done all of Twelve Days of Zentangle yet. But I intend to do some more.  On the ninth day we should use one black and one tan Bijou. I didn´t have tan ones and only a few black left. And I didn´t want to use one tan 8,9cm tan tile, since I´ve just a couple of these left too and I want to keep them for some other special occasions. But I had another tan heavy-weight paper and fourtunally I had a black one in the same quality so I just cut them into Bijou-size. I think it worked well!


The patterns I used are My Swing (Simone Menzel), Arukas and Nipa. I liked this technique very much and I think I´ll try it again!

Inga kommentarer: