Translate

söndag 26 november 2017

Tangling in a round

Today I remembered something important. Tangling in a round is special. It is hard to explaing why, but at once started the focus is there. 


I love to do this very much. It is relaxing and very meditative. I went out on the internet looking for thoughts about this and ofcourse I ran into Mandalas. I don´t want to use rulers nor templates which seems to be the common way, at least on the internet. Happily I found a blogpost made by Margaret Bremner, which I think nailed important things about mandala. She writes: "The circle is one of very few virtually universal symbols throughout history and across cultures, representing eternity, wholeness, protection and unity. The mandala is symbolic of balance, transformation and the interconnection of all things." Of course this is not new, but it is good to keep in mind.

About this tile: I used Zailz (Loretta West) and Lisbon Fragment (Henrike Bratz) with string 77 (Barbara Finwall). Starting with the circle lightly penciled on a 8,9x8,9 cm white tile then just going for the tangles. So simple, so relaxing, so meditative. 


Inga kommentarer: