Translate

fredag 18 augusti 2017

Happy Birthday IAST! And triangles in my calendar.

Isn´t this amazing! Adele Bruno has challenged tanglers all over the world for four years now! IAST Happy birthday to you! Every birthday adds one more candle to the string. Here is my happybirthdaytile for IAST 208.



The patterns for the celebration are: Trella (Adele Bruno), Copada (Margaret Bremner), Wud (Joni Feddersen) and Knightsbridge (Zt). I colored this tile with micron and watercolor. It took me some time to figure out where to start and how to make this. Then I decided to skip the planning and started with my favouriteborder, Wud. This is what came out. All patterns Adele wanted us to use are there! I am surprised!

In my calendar I tried to use patterns with triangles only the last three days. I love triangles and very often I come back to triangles as I paint. It also happens that Marguerite Samama is the guestblogger for the Diva´s challenge and she chose a fragment as a challenge. Fragment D1. As I thought about it I immediately saw that it would be perfect for my little triangle-play! So this will be my first entry on that challenge!



16th of August: Impossible triangles, Fragment D1 from Zentangle Primer and Knase.
17th of August: Fragment D1, D11, `NZeppel and Munchin.
18th of August: Tringle (Lara Williams) and `NZeppel. 

Tringle was all new to me, I found it here.

4 kommentarer:

ria matheussen sa...

Your tile for Adele is absolutely a beauty and typical Anita, I love it!

Anne's tangle blog sa...

Lovely candles!!!

Holly {ha! designs} sa...

I ADORE your piece for the It's a String Thing challenge... VERY beautifully done! Your calendar piece highlighting triangle shapes is fantastic as well... It's always so inspiring to see your art!

Thank you so much for stopping by my submission, and for leaving such a kind comment!

Susie Ng sa...

OK, no doubt, your IAST tile is simply wonderful. I dig the frame you came up with. Wud is a simple tangle but has maximum effect when applied as you did. But I am really impressed with your 'impossible' triangles on day 16, D1 and Knase (???? - what a great interpretation!!!). Absolute perfect transition between the 2 tangles.