Translate

onsdag 2 augusti 2017

Diva Dancing in Lisbon

Henrike Bratz, guestblogger on Diva´s challenge, recently visited Lisbon and was fascinated by the patterns she saw on tiles there. I haven´t been to Lisbon, but I have been to places where they have such beautiful tiles on the walls, on the floor, in the bathroom and other places. I know what she is talking about. One of the patterns she has deconstructed and called it The Lisbon fragment. Here is a pic of the pattern:

Museu Nacional do Azulejo, Lissabon

And when you clic here you come to her steps. She asked us to use Diva Dance together with her fragment and the theme is Diva dancing in Lisbon! A wonderful theme. Here comes my entry for this challenge:


Yes. I made it on one of my recycled watercolortiles. I choose this one because I thought of the light at night in a place were people dances somewhere at the Atlantic coast... Maybe Lisbon. Now I have to go back to my photos from Maroc and such places....

13 kommentarer:

jeanchaneyaz sa...

Amazing piece, Anita. I love the color blend and the very dark edges.

Henrike Bratz sa...

Dear Anita, your tile is so beautiful! I can almost hear the ocean, some music and happy voices drifting through a summer night.
Best wishes
Henrike

Katie C sa...

Gorgeous Anita!

michele sa...

Oh My! What a stunning composition Anita! The muted colors contrast with the black and white perfectly. I love it!

Suzanne Fluhr sa...

Love this, Anita. It looks like an antique door. The color is perfect.

Anonym sa...

Your tile is lovely and the subtle but rich colours are perfect.

Anne's tangle blog sa...

WOW, Anita, this Diva tile if gorgeous!!! I keep looking at it.

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank you all for your warming comments!❤️😍

ria matheussen sa...

This is again such a beauty dear Anita, I love the composition, the colours and the way you have drawn the patterns, congratulations!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's dear Ria!😍

Heike sa...

Anita, your composition is so lovely! Everything goes together so well, the colours, the tangles, the shading - stunning!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's Heike!😄

Susie Ng sa...

I have to confess, I didn't recognize DD on this tile, but when I read your description of the tile, I was fascinated. What a clever idea!!! DD on the back of LF and some DD are dancing rock n roll. Well done, Anita.