Translate

torsdag 2 mars 2017

Zendala again

There are time between my zendalas.  I haven´t done many of them. but they are what I call double-up-zentangle. Lot of zen and lot of relaxation. To go into  a zendala and be there every stroke at a time, that also means I have to have time to do it, since it take a least one day for me to finish it. I have done 2 zendalas quite fast, but I made them for challenges and as I see it now, they didn´t work in the same way.

I started this zendala 28th of March on a rennaisance tile and had to take a break before it was finished because of our two dogs needing their evening-walk. So I left it to rest over the night and finished it yesterday morning as soon as I could grab my pens.



I am happy I did instead of forcing myself to finish it late at night when I ought to go to sleep! It was a special moment to do this. I am not into doing mandalas. I don´t use pre-strung tiles. The round empty tile is good enough but I have to be in the moment and remember the steps in the process. Once started it is just to go with the flow. Here I started with Way Bop, which I used as a string. The funny thing is that I didn´t love Way Bop at the beginning of our relationship, but in the zendala it is perfect. And now I think I start to love it! The other patterns are Arukas, Pokeroot, Paradox, Trio (Hanny Nura), Antidots (Anita Roby-Lavery) and Archer (Peg Farmer).

I want to explore more about zendalas. It would be so cool to be able to go to a class where the zendala is in focus. But till that will be reality I have to work on it myself and do my own experiences. I just love it.

Inga kommentarer: