Translate

söndag 16 oktober 2016

A lot of strings and fun!

Now I am back home again afte a few days up in the mountains. We have had such relaxing time, walking, taking things slowly, watching our little dog run for joy out in the wideopen landscape and we are happy she always comes back to us when we call on her! Back in the little cottage we rented we had dinner and went into the sauna! In between I have had my time for tangeling too! Doing that I have worked on my personal challenge with strings. Here they are.



string 175 (Audrie Wiesenfelder). This string was perfect for my first tile in the cottage! After I had done it I saw that this was the picture of our presence there! Not planned but there it was: I see us two adults and our little playful and curious dog. In the wintertime a lots of people come to this place for skiing! There are ski-slopes everywhere! That is what came up in the background of this tile: Slalom (Sandra Strait). The other patterns are Ceil (Sandy Steen Bartholomew) and Beadline (Margaret Bremner).



Next one was done in my Sketchbook. String 176 (Barbara Finwall). Gourdgeous is in the Diva´s challenge this week. I had decided not to bother about challenges during our stay, but this string asked for Gourdgeous! Florez (Andrea Schuman) also joined.



We saw such beautiful North Lights, Aurora Borealis, in the evenings. I belive that is what came out on this black tile! String 177 (Sandra Schubert) with an Abeko-tangleation (Lynn Shelton Mead), Stix (Sandy Steen Bartholomew) and Hibered.



String 178 (Anne Marks). Kathy Barringer´s pattern Antique is the focustangle in Square One. This is almost a monotangle. But Laced (Mary Elisabeth Martin) couldn´t stay away! 



String 179 (Cynthia Gannon). Back home, after I had unpacked our bags, I sat down doing this. Rixties is not a pattern I have been working with so much. But this string begged for it. The other patterns are Printemps, Tipple, Wud (Joni Feddersen) and Laced (Mary Elisabeth Martin). Very often I get back to Wud as a frame. I love how it pops with just a little shading!

3 kommentarer:

ria matheussen sa...

I went tree times to Iceland, looking for the Northern Lights and finally on the third time, I saw those amazing green Lights. It was fantastic and I think you agree. I'm glad you had spent some lovely days on the countryside...
Anyway, you have made a lot of beautiful tiles. I admire how you can always manage to make nice results with all kind of strings. I have to exercise more, I don't like strings and mostly I don't draw them but I will try to use them more on my tiles.
Thanks for sharing all those little beauties, they are lovely, have a fine week Anita.

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank´s Ria! I wish you a beautiful week too!

Anonym sa...

I like all the tiles, and like Ria said, admire the way you can work with any string and make a great tile. Not me, nope, don't like strings at all, altho I force myself to use them at times.

Anyway, the Rixty tile is my favorite. I just love the way it hangs on the rope. Great job!!

Also, I'm glad you were able to see the Northern Lights. They are amazing.

Joyce