Translate

lördag 24 september 2016

Power failure and tangling

This afternoon, very unconvinient, we had a power failure. It was a gloomy day, no sun so I went for the place in our hous were we have most light coming in. That is not in my studio, were I have daylight fluorescent lamps, but in the kitchen. But since the light outdoors were very weak today, it wasn´t the ideal situation for tangling. But there were nothing better I could do for the moment so I went for it. the new focustangle at Square One happens to be Garlic Cloves, and that one I do know by hearth! I choose string 165 (Nancy Eaton) to start with.



For the rest I choose tangles I am familiar with too; Beadline (Margaret Bremner) and Tripoli. Ovy (Adam Roades) is new to me but I found it easy to learn and fun to draw. About the power failure; I don´t track it except when it comes to the shading. But I like the imperfection, it reminds me on the circumstances!

As electricity came back we could have warm food for dinner! It was a reminder of how dependent we are upon electric power. Not much works without it! It is hard to understand the way people had to live long time ago with candlelights and woodstove and... So much work they had to do just for keeping themselves warm! With that in mind I opened my computer and found that Sandy Hunter had come up with a new pattern: Lolly Wimple! I recommend you strongly to go and have a look! Sandy´s instruction on the pattern is worth reading. I wanted to try it at once and I thought it would work in Joey´s challenge this week!



It is in the "finish my tile" series and the start was Buttercup! That is also a pattern from Sandy Hunter!I also added Florz and something I don´t have a name for, but I am sure there is a pattern like those tiny, little shaky lines between the Lolly Wimples!
that´s all for today. Now I am going to use some mor electricity in this house! 

10 kommentarer:

Suse sa...

A lovely pair of tangles Anita. Thanks for the link to lollywimple!

Ilse sa...

Lovely tiles, Anita! I really like what you did with Garlic cloves.

ria matheussen sa...

Wonderful results, I like the beadline on the first tile so much, it gives a real 3D effect.
Thanks to you, I'm gonna try Lolly Wimple right now, it looks lovely on your second tile.
I like to read your posts and your work is always very nice!!!

Anonym sa...

Great tangles, Anita! The Tripoli in the Square One challenge tangle is amazing...I have SO much trouble trying to draw Tripoli. Wonderful job!

Sorry about the power failure...we go thru that in the little town I live in here in the States, and I hate it, absolutely hate it. Like you said, tho, it does make us so aware of how much we depend on it...and how grateful I am that we have it.

Joyce

Susan Theron sa...

Lovely tiles. I must try Lollywimple again, because I had trouble doing it.

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's Suse😄!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's Ilse!😄

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's Ria! I saw your Lollywimple!😍!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's Joyce! Yes Tripoli was a struggle for me in the beginning too!��

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's 😄! Yes give it a new round!