Translate

söndag 1 maj 2016

Tangleations

What is a tangleation? To find the answer about that I went back to Beckah Krahula`s book "One zentangle a day". She says: "Tangleations are created when an original existing tangle is varied or altered." There are so many patterns around. Who knows what is a tangleation or not? Maybe it isn´t an interesting question at all. Most patterns are based on patterns that already exists. Maybe that means that most patterns are tangleations? I was thinking about that when I played around with Flip-Flap. It is told it is a tangleation of Lap by Lizzie Mayne. Lap is also a wonderful pattern and I can see the similarities between them. But digging in the hughe mount of tanglepatterns I find a lot of patterns which has similarities and still they are defined as different patterns. It doesn´t give sense to me. Is there anyone out there who has an idea about this? You are welcome to tell about it!



Here is my tile with Flip-Flap together with Ruutz (Eni Oken), Lava Juice Carole Ohl and Printemps on string 102. I found Lava Juice when I visited Ela Riegers Musterquelle. A collections of patterns that are really inspiring! Thank´s to Ela who let me be a part of it! 


2 kommentarer:

Ilse sa...

Very pretty tile, love the composition!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's Ilse!😄