Translate

lördag 21 maj 2016

Ix meets the Diva´s challenge

The new focustangle in Square One is Ix. Last time I tried it (several months ago) I actually didn´t like the pattern. I really don´t know why, because similar patterns are true favourites of mine. So I started it all up in my sketchbook:


This is a scanned version. I used my fountainpen, Lamy, and shaded with graphite 2B. The other patterns are: Tipple, Hollibaugh,Msst, Black Perfs and Kassandra (my own pattern. This time I felt a little bit more relaxed doing it. I guess I need to keep it in focus for a week or so to overcome my resistance! Here comes the tile I made after my first drawing:


I started with Rain, a tangle I learned in the beginning of my zentangle-journey. I haven´t done Rain so much. To me it is a dramatic pattern and it has a touch of anger in it! Today it was the right day for some aggressivity. Then Ix could join in the background which made me feel a lot better about that pattern! Tipple and Cruffle (Sandy Hunter) is also following in the bottom underneath. This tile will also work as a third entry to Diva´s challenge no. 268! I also used string 113. That string was perfect fit to my mood today!

6 kommentarer:

Anne's tangle blog sa...

I do like both your tiles, but the last one is my favorite. I think it's more playful.

LezliB sa...

Both of your tiles are wonderful, but I think I like the last one better too. It just appeals to me more. I have a hard time with Ix also; although it is a fairly simple tangle, mine never seem to look right. Perhaps I should go back and try some of the ones that were not favorites. You have done excellent work for the challenge.

Anja sa...

Both tiles are really beautiful!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's Anne! Maybe it is. The first one I made with fountainpen in my sketchbook and then scanned so the appearance is quite different!😊

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's for your comment! Well I am more satisfied with the second one too. But today I had a breakthrough with Ix! I write about it in my last post! That means: Don't give it up!

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank's Anja!😄