Translate

fredag 22 april 2016

About Strings

The string is something I appreciate and it is essential when tangeling. Just a light graphite line, drawn freely. And then let the string guide you! After some time with my own free drawn strings, I got a little bit stuck. They intended to be very much the same with small differences only. So I went into the hughe string-library found on Tanglepatterns.com and started to use strings created by other tanglers. That was really fun and also developing! So, in my 365 project I initiated a new project inspired by Lori Byerly: I will go through the whole library at Tanglepatterns.com and try all those strings. Ofcourse I won´t stop creating my own because of that. But I enjoy to work on other´s creations, it often makes me surprised!


Yesterday I went for string 97. You find it here. I was in a sad mood. I had been talking to a close friend of mine who has cancer. He has meant a lot to me in my life and supported me in so many ways and now there is a chance I might loose him. I realize that. I sat down and grabbed the string and started. It went away with me and finished, I was calm and grateful about just being in the moment.
Patterns: Mashed (Lori Byerly), Tri-bee (Beate Winkler), Zinger and some Holes. 


Today I went on with string 98 and I was surprised about how many tangles that popped up! Starting with Meer they all wanted to come: Florz, Btweed, Tipple, Shnek (Hanny Nura) and Viaduct (Wayne Harlow).6 tangles. I have had a period when there are 1-4 tangles at the most. Still I don´t feel this tile is too busy. 

2 kommentarer:

Ilse sa...

Really love what you did with String 97! Very pretty tile.

Anita A Westin CZT sa...

Thank´s Ilse!